Kinnaird Castle, just 100 metres from the Heritage Centre, was in 1546 the residence of Alexander Fraser,
7th Laird of Philorth, founder of Faithlie, later to become Fraserburgh, founded in 1592.
Lady Saltoun, a direct descendant of the town’s founder, is Patron of Fraserburgh Heritage Society
and continues her interest in the Heritage Centre.
Her family is still in residence at Cairnbulg Castle just a mile south of the town.
Lady Saltoun’s website is www.fraserchief.co.uk
Cairnbulg Castle is open to the public by prior arrangement,
via the Tourist Information Centre,
which is inside.. Museum of Scottish Lighthouses, Kinnaird head, Castle Terrace, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, AB43 9DU.
. Click here for next display.