Kinnaird Castle, just 100 metres from the Heritage Centre, was in 1546 the residence of Alexander Fraser,
7th Laird of Philorth, founder of Faithlie, later to become Fraserburgh, founded in 1592.
Lady Saltoun, a direct descendant of the town’s founder, is Patron of Fraserburgh Heritage Society
and continues her interest in the Heritage Centre.
Her family is still in residence at Cairnbulg Castle just a mile south of the town.
Lady Saltoun’s website is www.fraserchief.co.uk
. Click here for next display.